What we do
We investigate and expose the facts, whenever and wherever abuses happen.
We lobby governments, and other powerful groups such as companies. Making sure they keep their promises and respect international law.
By telling the powerful stories of the people we work with, we mobilise millions of supporters around the world to campaign for change and to stand in defence of activists on the frontline.
We support people to claim their rights through education and training.
The European Institutions Office focuses on diverse EU policies and Council of Europe- related human rights issues including:
- Human rights in CoE member states and accession countries
- Reform of the European Court of Human Rights and EU’s accession to the European Convention on Human Rights
- Human rights in EU foreign policy
- Security and human rights
- Refugee and migrant protection
- Judicial and police co-operation
- Economic, social and cultural rights
- Arms Trade Treaty (ATT)
- Corporate accountability
- Counter terrorism
- Death penalty
- Equality and non-discrimination (targeting discrimination against Roma, Muslim and LGBTI people, migrants)
- Ending violence against women and female genital mutilation
- Ensuring consultation of civil society organ- istions and transparency in decision-making on human rights
- EU asylum law
- Human rights defenders
- Migration control policy